View Single Post
Old July 30, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Posit

Colt Bipod / Handguard

I have a Colt Mdl 6920 (M4 / Carbine); I want to be able to use a Harris bipod on occasion. I'm not an AR enthusiast, which will become immediately obvious; bought this one "just because", and for old time's sake.

I first thought a bipod adapter would be sufficient, so bought this one: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/404...-5-ar-15-black

However - the adapter requires a 5/8"wide by about 1 3/4" long (don't have it handy to measure) flat space inside the lower handguard to mount. The Colt handguard has a round heat shield inside the handguard, which prohibits mounting unless I modify it by cutting/bending - and I'm not certain that will work, and I don't want to do that anyway.

I'm thinking different handguards will be necessary, but have no idea what to get (remember, I'm not really an AR guy). Because my use is limited, I want to keep cost down to a minimal, but functional, solution. But, I must be able to mount the above dimensioned adapter inside the bottom handguard. Not looking to mount anything else, so rails are not essential.

I realize many people think a bipod is an unnecessary addition, detracting from the purpose, concept, etc, or the AR so don't need to know more about that. Also, I have several Harris bipods, so I'm really looking for a solution that will let me use them, not a different one.

Page generated in 0.04936 seconds with 8 queries