Thread: Bobcats...
View Single Post
Old April 10, 2010, 11:23 AM   #6
the357plan

Bobcats Dearly Love Chickens

When I was in 9th grade (East Tennessee), our landlord accused the neighbor’s dogs of killing (and taking) some of his chickens. He had maybe 10 or so and they stayed in a coup next to the woods. Well one day I was walking by the chicken coup with my dogs when they ran to the edge of the woods and started barking up a storm. Suspecting the neighbor’s dogs out there, I didn’t bring a gun as I set out into woods with my dogs. One was a ¾ grown Black and Tan hound and the other was an adult Chihuahua/mutt mix about 3 times the size of a normal Chihuahua. With me along, they got their courage up and took off after whatever was out there. It was only seconds later, as they were charging down the hill, that I saw movement at the bottom of the hill. It was funny watching those dogs coming back up the hill at full throttle, yapping over their shoulders, with a bobcat chasing them. That cat was not afraid of those dogs. Halfway up the hill the cat saw me and took off. I walked down to where I first saw movement. There were the remains of a chicken. The bobcat had eaten about 90% of the chicken. Never did get that cat, but our landlord then bobcat proofed his chicken coup.

I have to head out so I’ll relate my 2nd bobcat/chicken story later.

Last edited by the357plan; April 10, 2010 at 12:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.03708 seconds with 8 queries