View Single Post
Old December 6, 2009, 03:13 PM   #2
James R. Burke

Congradulations. Nice to hear of a good season with your wife has a partner. I hunt with my wife. We both have a Ruger No 1 A Light sporter. Mine a .30-06 and hers a .243 both have a Leupold century limited scope. Carbon copys except for the caliber. I also reload. We both use the Nosler Partition hers is the 100 grain, mine the 165. Last year she got two one buck, and one doe so she was real happy. This year I got two bucks a seven pointer running slow at about 135 yards in the neck thru the heart, and out the shoulder it weighed in at 156. The second one was a eight pointer really fat at about 190 yards I could only see the head and neck. In Mi with a combo one needs three points on one side, and one needs four. I new it had the four. I am glad I do alot of shooting reloading. I took a off hand shot at the white spot on the neck, thought if I miss it would be a clean one. When I squeezed the trigger the deer dropped so fast I almost missed seeing it go down. Hit it right in that white spot in the neck. Weighed in at 186 which is a really big deer for hear. Glad you had a good time. Even when we dont get any it is just fun having my wife for a partner. You never forget those times. That combo for Mi is just for the U.P.

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries