View Single Post
Old March 10, 2000, 01:25 AM   #7

I have to agree that Kramers stuff isn't what it once was.

I have owned several of his IWB holsters in the past and have found them to be very solid, if a little rough around the edges.

The latest order I placed with Kramer was for his ankle holster. At $176.00 this is the most expensive holter that I've purchased to date.

I had order the rig for a Ruger SP-101, DAO with bobbed hammer. When the holster arrived I was disappointed to say the least. The dye job was one of the shoddiest that I've ever seen. It was very splotchy and uneven, my six year old son could have done better.

Since my SP-101 had a bobbed hammer it couldn't use a retaining strap, hence going with the Kramer which supposedly doesn't need one. However, I discovered that the holster wasn't molded closely enough to retain the weapon. The holster also had a spur of leather jutting out from the top which would cover the hammer, something that my gun didn't have. The only function that the spur served was to make a nice profile mark in the ankle of my pants.

The ankle strap was also much longer than it needed to be and stuck out from my ankle, continuely catching on my pants leg. Why did I keep this holster you ask? Because Kramer wouldn't take it back. They have a no return policy ("the customer accepts responsibility for all defects") which they take very seriously.

I now use an Alessi ankle rig which I find to be far superior at half the price. For standard belt holsters I go with Galco. I also find these to serve as well as the Kramers, at a lesser price as well.

Needless to say I won't be doing business with Kramer again in the future.

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries