View Single Post
Old December 28, 2017, 06:18 PM   #9
HiBC

I'll agree we get conflicting information.I'll also agree you never know what argument a prosecutor or plaintiff's attorney may present.

And I'm not any kind of lawyer or legal expert.

Lets take this a bit farther. (It IS called "The use of Deadly Force",BTW)

Suppose you shoot him in the knee,or even better,just clip his ear with a "warning shot" .How will that go?

I think we get in big trouble if we just shoot a bad guy "a little bit" to gain compliance. It undermines the idea of "gravest extreme"

I'm assuming your bad guy has placed you in an urgent situation,without a lot of time to analyze and overthink.
If you hit him two or three times COM and you still perceive a threat...is it time for "Excuse me,Sir,might you be wearing Kevlar? Or shall I shoot you COM again??

MAYBE 2 hits COM gives you time to get a good sight picture. How many more bullets do you want to be responsible for?
Handgun COM shots often DO NOT prevent the bad guy from shooting or stabbing you. He might have 15 seconds to mag dump in your direction.
A solid CNS hit is a stop.

I'm thinking our "Hostage shot" is pretty rare for a civilian,but if it DOES come up,consider if you do not bust the brain or equiv CNS,your hostage will likely be killed by the bad guy. That's how the hostage thing works.

Some would say "2+1" MIGHT be a reasonable idea with a 7+1 1911.But counting and looking to see "Did you fall down yet?
Some might say 5 to the chest and two to the head ,or whatever mag cap allows till the threat is over.

I've never been in a gunfight,but I think its not like watching your feet trying to learn to dance.

Last edited by HiBC; December 28, 2017 at 06:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.02146 seconds with 8 queries