View Single Post
Old September 7, 2018, 02:38 PM   #13
mellow_c

Story continued...

I called S&W customer service, explained the situation, they offered free return shipping but said there is a $40ish initial inspection fee and then $90 an hour for repairs with a minimum of 1 hour if work is needed plus the cost of parts. While on the phone i decided to go ahead and they emailed me the free shipping label.

After the phone call, i decided to look the revolver over again. I was visually checking the gap between the forcing cone and all cylinders. This time i only noticed two of them making contact, and only at the top, not full contact like i was seeing earlier. I will admit that this time i may have had a bit better lighting, (i used a white background this time and the last time i checked).

I only checked through two full rotations this time, but again, i only noticed two of the chambers making contact at the top instead of three like last time. I will have to check again soon, opening and closing the cylinder a couple times to see if that makes any difference.

I just couldn't help feeling like it's not going to be a problem after seeing that the issue appears to be less drastic than I first thought. And the idea of spending a minimum of $130 on this revolver isn't appealing to me. I feel like id be better off just hanging on to it and then selling it for what i paid down the road.

I ended up calling the same guy back and explaining my thoughts to him, he recommended I go put a few rounds through it, and to go from there.

I think that's what i will do.

Page generated in 0.03483 seconds with 8 queries