View Single Post
Old June 19, 2017, 11:38 AM   #10
Lucas McCain

My first safe 30 years ago was a bare ones Bull dog safe. No interior, there was a blowout sale on it for $650. That was half of what other 24 gun safes where. Back then safes were much more costly than they are today. When China started building them the prices were all driven down.
I spent about $150 putting a firebrick interior and asbestos blanket in the door and a 10 gun rack and shelving. That's the safe where I keep my valuable gun collection. The fire brick insulation should increase the fire rating quite a lot. And it's so damn heavy and anchored to the concrete floor to prevent moving it.

I know what you guys are saying about what's in your budget, I get that and I wrestled with the same problem. Insuring the guns are expensive too, especially if there collectible. But then I realized that if I lost one gun it would more than pay for the safe, and without a safe you will lose them all not just one. The safe is as good as insurance and you only pay it once.
As far as stopping the pro safe cracker that's is a whole different security problem.

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries