View Single Post
Old May 23, 2015, 12:53 PM   #7
Theohazard

So far I haven't bee able to do anything more than examine the Omega, but I'm impressed with it. It's very light, and I really like the fact that it comes with both a direct-thread attachment and an ASR attachment like on the Specwar, along with a mount for it. The only thing that bother me is that you could get the direct-thread attachment stuck on the host when you go to remove the can; when you unscrew it the can body could unscrew from the attachment instead of the whole thing unscrewing together.

This actually happened to me when screwed the Omega on to a Model 700, and the endcap tool didn't help because at this point the barrel was in the way. So I had to use a rag and some good old-fashioned elbow grease to remove the stuck direct-thread attachment from the end of the rifle. I worry that this could become even more of a problem as you some shoot it and carbon builds up.

I could be missing something here, as I've had very little hands-on experience with this can (each one we've got in has sold very quickly and never even made it to the case). And this definitely doesn't seem like a deal-breaker, I still think the Omega might end up being one of the best all-around rifle cans on the market.

Page generated in 0.02711 seconds with 8 queries