View Single Post
Old September 1, 1999, 10:24 PM   #5
Ruger

ok, I'll handle one scenerio since it involves my house, and I believe in the KISS principle. Country house, nearest neighbor 200yds away, trailer house(rental), thick brush out the back door 10yds away with a large natural ditch. From the ditch to the house I can shoot straight in without worry of a stray bullet hurting anyone not needing to be hurt. My always constant companion is a ruger p-85 with three 15 rd clips all loaded with Corbons or hydra shoks. In my room nearest the door to the brush are a rem. 870 loaded with #4 buck and slugs, stagger loaded, and a .270 winchester along with whatever guns happen to be around that room. Hopefully after this weekend the .270 will reside in a gun case and a mini-14 take it's place.

Our escape plan is as follows, after the dogs alert us to danger or if we hear the screaming of said smucks from very big dog bites, we decide on a course of action, it's my wife and I, she only shoots as a last resort(I'm down or dead) Our prefered place is to stay inside and fight it out from the laundry room attached to our bedroom, protected on the front door side by a refrigerator and a stove, the other by washer and dryer. From this position I can shoot in the direction of any points of entry. I'm going to assume that at least one thug is down from dog bites, I own to many dogs for em to get em all. That leaves three to deal with. My options become this, fight or flee to fight. My personel choice would be to turn out to the direction of the attackers, and try to remove as many as possible. After the first shots, move outside after shutting the door to the room, and take cover in the ditch. From this ditch you have one option, come straight at me right down a path or leave. If you come down the path you'll die. It's bordered by 7 acres of cactus and blackbrush. The path is a killing zone. From the ditch my wife can travel down it to the neighbors 200yds away, it runs next to their house. From there she can call the police. At this point my plan deals more with containment, from the northwest corner of my house I can cover all exits. They may still be in my house, but they aren't leaving. If the dogs are still alive they will flush remaining thugs out of the house to a waiting gun, if not I simply sit back and wait for the police to arrive from my wifes call. thats the basic plan, but it's like this, you can't plan for every situation, so you practice and pray that if it happens you have the brainpower to react to it.

I shoot a min. of 15 rds per day through my p-85, and about 20 rds a week through the .270, plus about 20 through the shotgun per week.

------------------
Live Free or Die Trying,

Steve

Page generated in 0.03742 seconds with 8 queries