View Single Post
Old October 22, 2012, 11:57 AM   #21
loose_holster_dan

my walther ppq was mine. i'd purchased the pps in late 2011, and loved it quite a bit. i expected the ppq to be a good shooter, but it far surpassed what i had expected out of a striker fire trigger. coupled with the phenomenal ergonomics, it became one of my favorite range guns (saying something since last year also saw the acquisition of a colt gold cup and custom built 1911).

on a whim, i bought a iwb kydex holster from some random guy on the internet. can't even remember who. i didn't really expect to carry it comfortably or even completely concealed without a jacket. much to my surprise, i was able to comfortably carry it with anything more substantial than tshirt (tshirt only causes problems when i bend at the waist, since i'm very tall). it's either in my bedside table or on my waist at all times except when i'm ushering at church (with that many eyes on me, i'm more comfortable hiding the pps).

failed-expectations 2012 gun for me was the sig sp2022. i got it the same week i got the ppq and bought the holster from the same guy at the same time i bought the ppq holster. took them to the range for the first time together. after handling both quite a bit at home prior to taking a range trip, i was very excited about the sig. having loved both of my p226's, i was excited for a sig with a slimmer profile that had carry potential. then i shot it. the trigger break position is way too close to the grip. with my big hands, it is very uncomfortable to have a break position that close. i know you can swap out for a trigger that is supposed to fix this, and i even bought it. i haven't had the chance to install it. i have a bad feeling that it is going to be anything but drop-in.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."

Last edited by loose_holster_dan; October 22, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.02748 seconds with 8 queries