Thread: Lee bench plate
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2012, 04:20 PM   #4
markr

Well, I have one so allow me to comment. The kit comes with a steel bench mounting plate, two blocks of wood to mount presses to, a steel press mounting plate to mount a press too, enough carriage bolts to mount 3 presses to 2 blocks of wood and one steel press mounting plate, 2 steel brackets w/ machine screws, and a bolt template for every lee press on the market.

The main reason I bought it was too have a nice ridgid mount on my work bench. If you use the steel press plate (Remember the kit has two steel plates, one thaat bolts to the bench, and one you mount a press to) the steel press plate locks itself into the steel brackets when they are tightened down to the bench plate. I use this arrangment on my #1 press.

The wood blocks:
you have to use the hole template for your press and drill the holes. The wood block is held in place by tightening the steel brackets down, same as mentioned above with the plate. You must drill an additional hole (Per the instructions). Once the block is in place, you drop either a screw driver or a bolt into this hole. If you don't, the first time you cycle the press, you will pull the wood block and press right out of the mount. So Lostsheep, it's not that it might come loose, the leverage of cycling the press without that screw driver or bolt down the hole results in the press in your lap on the first pull! This is all in the supplied instructions.

I guess you could make your own stuff, but this thing was a little over $20 and tightened up my mounting situation nicely.

Washed up 11B1P

Page generated in 0.02939 seconds with 8 queries