View Single Post
Old February 29, 2012, 04:40 AM   #49
jgcoastie

When I go to bed...

Doors are locked, yes, including the interior door to the garage. A lot of people overlook that door, thinking their garage door is sufficient. Think about this, with less than $200 worth of equipment and a little know-how, I can drive down just about any street in America and open well over half of the garage doors...

Self-designed and built security system is armed.

2 dogs, one is a 5lb Yorkshire Terrier that is scared of her own shadow and barks anytime there's anything/anybody within 50yds of our house. The other dog is a 95lb Doberman... He gets pretty ticked off when the Yorkie wakes him up from his naps, wouldn't want to be on the bad side of that mood at 2am... Or any other hour of the day for that matter.

1911, 2 mags, 200 lumen flashlight, and benchmade are on my "throw belt". It's an oversized nylon holster belt that I can throw over my head (across my chest) and go at a moment's notice. It hangs on my bedpost.

The Mossberg 930SPX is on my wife's side of the bed, between it and her nightstand. Don't mess with mama bear, the entrance to our bedroom is a small corridor of sorts, a perfect "fatal funnel" for anyone entering it...

With my back problems, I wake up in the middle of the night and wind up sleeping on the floor often... When that happens, I grab the throw belt and lay it on the floor next to me.

Under the pillow??? Not a chance...
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.02346 seconds with 8 queries