View Single Post
Old January 19, 2012, 10:41 AM   #14
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedog88
If your muscle memory has you bringing up the sights and acquiring SA/SP, you lose valuable time.
You know, I've seen that assertion made often enough that I timed myself last time I was out in the tactical bay and the time difference was between 0.08 seconds (best to best) and 0.18 seconds (worst to worst), with sighted fire being faster for me. So I am having a difficult time buying the "not enough time" argument because I am not seeing that in my own shooting.

In my past experience in various shoooting schools and Force-on-Force, it seems that mindset and situational awareness are usually some of the biggest "time-sinks" in terms of where people waste time. In my limited experience, the biggest mistake I see people make is they spend way too much time observing, orienting, and deciding and then they try to make up all that wasted time in the "action" part of the OODA loop. Inevitably, they try to "save time" by making a hasty, fumbled draw and not use their sights and they go down in a really ugly and spectacular fashion. The less time you have, the less you can afford big time-costers... like missing.

Page generated in 0.03121 seconds with 8 queries