View Single Post
Old January 2, 2012, 10:39 AM   #18
MLeake

Answer is: It depends.

Ideally, one would recognize the box-in maneuver when it commenced, and either use the car to immediately get out of there, or if the car were truly blocked then one could draw a weapon and lower the window.

(Edit: Really, if I were truly blocked, I'd want to exit the vehicle. Gun fights are never a good thing, but gun fights while stuck in a confined space are a worse thing.)

(In this scenario, if I had one handy, I'd pass a BUG to the wife if she were along.)

(Edit 2: I normally drive an Avalanche 4x4... I'm not as easily blocked as a guy in a Kia sedan would be. In auto or 4-High, I can hop over curbs and other minor obstructions. Drop into 4-Low, and I can move most blocking vehicles out of my way quite handily. Be aware of your non-firearm options. Drive defensively, and stop with maneuvering room fore and aft when you can - this makes it harder for people to box you in.)

The question is, at what point do you realize what has happened? At some point, you very well could be so far behind that resistance would have very poor odds.

Page generated in 0.04185 seconds with 8 queries