View Single Post
Old April 21, 2011, 06:08 AM   #37
ursavus.elemensis

Winchester is offerring the model 1892 in carbine and they are offerring the model 1894 in carbine (collector grades) and in short rifle (not just for collectors). Prices at retail are well below what is on the Winchester web site.

Why would I make a judgement about what rifles others buy? Because I am alive and breathing. We all make judgements all day long about what we like, what we don't like, what we think of the judgements that others make, etc. And, this is a discussion forum. If you don't want to discuss other people's opinions and judgements, what are you doing here in the first place?

I stand by what I said before. I don't know why anyone would buy an Uberti or a Rossi when you can own the real thing, a genuine Winchester. But since you jumped on my opinion, I will tell you what I held back from typing last time: The Rossi model 1892's are a copy of a rifle that never existed in the Old West. The REAL Winchester model 1892 was a 44-40 and other black powder cartridge rifle, and was not made to fire .357 Magnum smokeless powder cartridges or .44 Magnum smokeless powder cartridges. So, if you buy a Rossi in those calibers you are buying a copy of a fake rifle. Suit yourself if that's what you want, but you are not holding a replica of anything that was ever used in the Old West. Winchester NOW makes the 1892's in .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum, more than a century after the Western frontier was closed. Nobody in the Old West used a .357 or a .44. As I said, suit yourself, or get a genuine Winchester.

Page generated in 0.03451 seconds with 8 queries