View Single Post
Old August 22, 2009, 12:46 AM   #369
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
The ONLY cause they really have is self-perpetuation.
Given that starting premise I can see why you believe what you do.
Quote:
Despite that prejudice, the media threw the gay cause under the bus at the start of the movement, to make as much money as possible.
You're ignoring the fact that the media underwent fundamental changes in terms of both composition and philosophy during the timeframe you're talking about. It's inaccurate to attribute those changes purely to financial motivation or self-preservation.

I'm not at all interested in getting into how and why the media (and the country) changed dramatically between the fifties and the seventies but it is a topic of some interest to many and as such it has been written about extensively. Assuming that you're willing to approach it with an open mind I believe that a little research will provide you with some valuable insights.
Quote:
That said, we do have the power to dilute, and destroy their control over the media.
Why don't you get right on that then. It would solve a lot of problems.

It's really all moot anyway. Before we can use the media as a tool its agenda must be redefined. We differ on how that would be effected but agree that it must be done. We can theorize about what could happen if we could change the media's collective mind but until it happens it's all just pie-in-the-sky. They're against us now and since 'now' is where we are that's what we have to deal with.

Which gets us back to the topic. Openly carrying at high-profile events will be spun against us by the current mainstream media.
Quote:
There could be some positives out of exercising your rights.
Sure there could. There could also be negatives or the effect could even be totally neutral.

I'm all for people exercising their rights prudently such that it results in a positive outcome for the cause of gun rights.

Page generated in 0.02730 seconds with 8 queries