View Single Post
Old September 21, 2006, 11:55 AM   #51
JR47

Then again, the people who don't have Hi-Points seem to freely condemn them. Perhaps a little restraint would enable both sides to relax?

As for the comments about "does the military or police use them". False logic. The military and police haven't used any of the latest crop of S&W revolvers, either. Does that make them inferior?

As for the "what is your life worth" comment, I'm guessing that following that to it's logical end would have all of us carrying rifles or shotguns? Both of them are MUCH more reliable in halting assaults. Surely, none of us would have a .22lr anything, as "our life is worth more", and you wouldn't want to have a .22lr where you may be forced to grab it, insted of a more "valuable" and capable weapon.

The Browning High Power is also notorious for not feeding hollow-points, is that because it's cheap? Same with the Walther PPk.

I'll be quite honest. I WON'T be carrying my High Point for CCW. My choice. It's for plinking. However, should I only have it handy, I won't feel like I'm committing suicide because of that.

People getting into shooting are often monetarily challenged. There is also the FACT that today's society regards most items as use and lose. The High Point fits quite well into that niche. It does have a life-time warranty, and will be replaced by the company. The fact that it won't last 100,000 rounds bothers today's consumer much less than our generations. Should they enjoy the experience, which comes with no formed opinions by them, then you'll see them delving deeper into the firearms market, and more expensive, more durable, weapons.

It's a win-win situation for gun ownership, until the "haters" arrive.

Page generated in 0.03115 seconds with 8 queries