View Single Post
Old April 17, 2005, 10:26 PM   #6
CaptainRazor

Well, I did it, I went out and got everything I needed.
I got my stuff at Makarov.com because, well, I like George and Karl, and they happen to have all the stuff you need to reload for a Mak, not to mention it's only a 15 minute drive from the house.

Are you Mak fans jealous yet?

Here's what I ended up with.

1) Lee Carbide 3 Die set
2) Lee Bullet sizer die (.365)
3) Lee 95gr 2 cavity bullet mould
4) 300 Federal Small Pistol Primers
(Lee seems to have Mak reloader in mind, more so than other makers)

OK, now onto my loading session.
First, I had about 170 pieces of Fiocchi Brass that I had collected from my previous shootings.
I already had them cleaned up, so I sized and de-primed them, and expanded the case mouths.
I did all this while I waited for the casting furnace to heat up BTW.

My lead was ready to be made into new shiny projectiles, I cleaned up the mould and smoked it real good. I started casting and had forgotten how much of a pain a new mould is to "break in".
Anyway, I like Lee moulds....they're cheap, and do a great job, but they get to hot to fast...as compared to steel moulds, but that is an another story.

I ended up with a couple hundred bullets before I had to move onto other things that where already planned for me to do. :barf:

When it was all said and done, I ended up with 150 rounds of "test ammo" so I can find the right load.
I worked up a lot of loads with Red Dot and WW231. In total, I have 15 different loads to try the next time I go to the range. (10 rounds of each, 5 loads per box)

Here is my problem, I'm a little short on Brass for the Mak, does anyone know of a good source for new or once fired brass?

I asked George at Mak.com, but they where clear out of brass all together.
I could buy some from Midway, but it's like $52 per 500 for starline and the Hornady brass is kinda pricey (just like their ammo).

Who's got the best deal out there?

Any links or info would be greatly apprieciated.

Page generated in 0.02384 seconds with 8 queries