View Single Post
Old July 19, 2021, 04:39 PM   #23
BobCat45

hounddawg, Thanks! It is for .223 for an AR spacegun Service Rifle, as well as for the Garand. All indications are it is fine for the Garand.

I bought the IMR 4064 because I was running out of IMR 4895 for the Garand, and it worked like a charm - and found some IMR 4064 load data in the Sierra pamphlets for various weights of .223, and found it worked like a charm there, too. Have to weigh each charge for 300 and 600, but all that did was increase my confidence in the loads and reduce my SD (as measured by the ShotMarker).

As you noted, there is no .223 Rem data for AA 4064 in the Accurate .pdf so I was thrown off track.

I am not stupid enough to just try the same charge weights - they are, after all, different powders even if they have the same numerical designation. But having someone whose judgement and knowledge I respect tell me to go ahead and try it might be enough to push me over the edge.

It will not go to waste even if not good in .223; it is "known good" in Garand. Thanks!

Edited to add: ordered 8 lbs, I think it is worth a shot (pun intended) and, as stated, it is good for the Garand in any case (even in old LC cases).

Last edited by BobCat45; July 19, 2021 at 04:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.03123 seconds with 8 queries