View Single Post
Old September 21, 2016, 08:20 AM   #10
bedbugbilly

NabbUQuick - after much debating over it,I had the opportunity to handle a couple of Birds Head revolvers and for me, I didn't like them. I actually ended up going with a Uberti 357 4 3/4" Bisley. I love it. The Bisley isn't fore everyone and I'm sure that probably a lot has to do with the size of a person's hands. It took some work to get used to it but once I did, I really enjoy shooting it with both my BP and smokeless reloads.

The Bisley was followed up with the purchase of a Uberti 7 1/2" 45 Colt Cattleman. It is s great shooter as well with both 200 and 255 gr traditional RNFP that I cast. I haven't done a lot of BP shooting with that one but it does very well with my Red Dot loads (smokeless).

If you've had the opportunity to hold them and know that you like the BH grip - I'd suggest giving Ruger a call and see what they say. I'm not that familiar with all of their offerings - they may or may not make it might be done as a Distributor's Special?
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03404 seconds with 8 queries