View Single Post
Old November 16, 2017, 02:07 PM   #1
rjinga

Experimenting with BSZ at 25 yds

After reading conflicting posts and seeing conflicting graphs on the internet (25 yds = 200 yds; 25 m = 200 m; 25 yds = 200 m; 25 m = 200 yds; BSZ position = 200 m; BSZ position = 300 m) I decided to (try to) zero in the BSZ position at 25 yds and then see what happens as I shoot at different distances. The rifle is a Chinese Type 56 SKS; the ammunition is Golden Tiger. Unless noted, I was shooting off of a bench rest (big rubber notched block and airsoft BB tube sock) with the iron sights set on the BSZ position.

This is my “even a blind squirrel” photo. Believe it or not, that is two bullet holes at 25 yds:

This is a scaled “Dog” target at 25 yds. Eight rounds; 40 out of 40 possible points, with six rounds in the “V” circle and a seventh touching it:

Next I put a BC-27 target at 100 yds (max distance at the public range):

I can’t actually see the “X” at that distance, but I thought I was aiming in its general location. The first 10 rounds are shown in the photo on the left. After seeing how high and to the right the shots were, I fired another 10 rounds (photo on the right) while focusing on holding a little lower, and as centered as possible. I was able to tighten up the width from the first group to the second group by just over 1”; and, if you discount the one low shot as a flyer, then I cut 3” off of the height. I’m still shooting to the right; however, in a combat situation, those nine shots would all be in the heart/lung area.

I ended up by placing one target at approximately 29 yds and another at approximately 33 yds:

Then I stood and fired snap-shots offhand at both targets (raise rifle, fire at 1st target, transition and fire at 2nd target, pause, repeat):

Once I get back to the gun club, I'll see how the BSZ position does at 200, 300, and maybe even 400 yds.

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm

Page generated in 0.02432 seconds with 8 queries