View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 10:09 AM   #205
Patriot86

I think the only way to get at least the magazine-Defacto semi auto ban changed without the courts is if every gun maker takes a stand.

If tomorrow Glock, Sig, Smith, Bushmaster, Colt, etc. all refused all LE sales and support to the entire state of New York until they at least went back to a 10 round magazine limit it would send a message. When the cops and guards who protect these politicians suddenly can't buy new guns and can't buy parts to fix their guns without going out of state maybe it will bring some of these ivory tower types down to earth.

I know Barrett did this to California; the problem is that the Barrett product line is limited to a highly specialized section of precision long range rifles. Restrictions on LEO sales of those rifles has very little effect on the vast majority of LEO's in California. If suddenly the NYPD can't get new Glocks, Glock parts etc for their rank and file we might actually see results.

I know that doing so puts LEO's potentially in danger due to using old unreliable weapons or a lack of new parts, but these states obviously do not care about losing jobs if gun manufacturers move so this is the only leverage gun manufacturers have left.

Quote:
They haven't banned all handguns, just the vast majority in common use...
But they are not banning the guns, just the magazines See! You can still own the guns and bear arms, you just can't shoot them without the magazines!

Seriously though, I don't know how this stands up in the face of Heller. I think NY State bit off more than they can chew and if they don't change the 7 round limit or somehow exempt handguns then its a legal fight they are going to lose.

Page generated in 0.03431 seconds with 8 queries