View Single Post
Old March 6, 2012, 03:19 AM   #14
Bluey303

Scharfschuetzer - Thanks for your generous information, much appreciated as it makes more sense to me how my '03 came to be. No matter how hard I try, I still can't find any stamps you've made mention of along the 'C' stock on my '03 and I'm starting to think that this 'C' stock was either made from scratch or bought as a reproduction, the original stock must've been knackered or something. However, I did find the spares my Dad gave me with the rifle and this must've been the original one that was on it:

By the way, lovely collection you have there. Your '03 A3 with that stock you have on it is the exactly '03 I am really after, but very scarce here in Australia. So is your 1898 Krag, which is scarcer still, but I would love to own one, if there is ever one for sale. Grrr. I'll have to sell off some of my collection.

30Cal - Well, I had a look, the PJ O'Hare sight tool is about $130, which is roughly about the same in Aussie dollars, excluding postage. I might bite the bullet (excuse the pun) and fork out for one, if the current set of sights work, hopefully on this coming Friday, but in any case, we'll see how we go.

Dfariswheel - Thanks for the link, I'll look it up tonight and see what I can find, regarding the rear sights. Yeah, I'm thinking the same as you are, that they're both worn out (The original and another set from Numrich). The Numrich '03 sights had been pulled apart and done up again by my mate the fitter, so hopefully that would do the trick.

Oh, guys, I did thought of buying a proper bayonet for my '03, but my Dad told me not to, because for some strange reason, it won't fit on this '03. Which is rather odd. Any thoughts on the matter?

Page generated in 0.03269 seconds with 8 queries