View Single Post
Old October 24, 2010, 11:14 PM   #1
frogsaw

Dillon's No B.S. Warranty has too much B.S.

I have been a Dillon reloader since 2003 and had great customer service experiences until the last few years. Dillon has and continues to claim that they have a "No B.S. Life Time Warranty" but all that I get from them is more than my fair share of B.S. when it comes to the bullet puller and decapping pins for both rifle and pistol dies.

I, like many others, have had various items made/sold by Dillon break, but when I call them for repair or replacement parts all that I get is grief. I have been told that my breaking of the occasional decapping pin means that I am inexperienced or not doing something right. I don't see how this is a "No B.S. Life Time Warranty"!

Every time I call to speak with their techs I am always approached in a very rude and condescending manner. I have been called a liar and everything else under the sun. During my last call I spoke with a guy claiming to be a manager, his name is escaping me at the moment, and he agreed that the "No B.S. Life Time Warranty" does not provide an exclusion for anything outside of soft cases and electrical motors. The conversation was ended with this manager maintaining that he was not authorized to warranty the decapping pins. I am currently waiting on a call from Mike Dillon himself, but for some reason I don't think that he is going to call.

I am tired of being bullied by a compay that sells products under false pretenses and expects everyone to just set back and take while their competitiors are honoring similar warranties without pushing their warranty so hard in their sales and marketing. I am considering contacting my congressmen and state attorney general to file a complaint. It is my understanding that their unwillingness to uphold the terms of their warranty may actually place them in a very actionable position due to the interstate commerce clause and other regulating legislation. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Frogsaw

Last edited by frogsaw; October 24, 2010 at 11:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.02940 seconds with 8 queries