View Single Post
Old March 31, 2014, 07:58 PM   #111
Dragline45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedbugbilly
. . . if I felt it was dangerous enough that I felt the need to carry in my house . . I wouldn't be living there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2123
If I felt the need to carry while in my home or on my property, I'd move!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2123
It's still a free country. Why in the world would someone want to live in an area that they felt the need to be armed in their own home?
I think it's crazy how naive some people can be to believe that a good neighborhood means there will be no crime. That's like saying being in a gun free zone will ensure your safety from a mass shooting.

If you haven't heard of the Cheshire murders, read up on them. Probably one of the "safest" communities in the whole country, yet one of the most horrific crimes was committed against an entire family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshir...vasion_murders

What about the Sandy Hook shooting? Again, a "safe" community where an elementary school of all places was shot up by a crazed gunman.

Just last year my hometown of Watertown, MA was turned into a war zone by the Boston Marathon bombers. Just a few blocks from my home two terrorists shot it out with police and detonated IED's. For almost 2 days the entire town was on lock down while just about every government agency conducted a manhunt for the remaining terrorist.

It doesn't matter where you live, ANYTHING can happen at anytime. If life taught me one thing, it's that statistics don't mean squat.

While I don't always carry in my home, the majority of the time I have a pistol sitting on the table next to me within arms reach or a .380 in my pocket.

Page generated in 0.03244 seconds with 8 queries