View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 08:31 PM   #6
BoogieMan

I have the Lee loadmaster and also have dies for the 460 along with some cases that I have collected. 1000 large rifle primers and about 500 bullets. Its a start. After resting a day I am a little surprised that my arm is somewhat sore. LOL
I will have the chance to shoot again this weekend on my own place in the mountains. Its time for the hunting club "work detail". What this means is that I can set up milk jugs of water at 50yds out to about 600yds. I dont think I can hit anything with iron sights at that distance. But the ones at 50 and 100 will be spectacular when hit with the hornady 200gr xtp's.
Something I noticed. I shot mostly 200gr xtp's but I also fired some 275 HP Federals. The Feds allowed gasses to come back and were noticeably less recoil. Any recomendations on factory ammo? I figure I will enjoy shooting them and then I will have the cases to reload. The revolver is so awesome to actually recover the spent brass. My next wheel gun will be a 357 (as soon as I locate a used blue one), that leaves me one more permit. I was thinking another 1911, maybe 10mm. But now I dont know. Any suggestions? I dont care for the grip on SA's. I have 9mm Largo,luger,mak. .22lr in semi's. The 460 should drop any game I ever come across. I cant say I need any others. But I like the over the edge bang I get from the 460. I considered a 500, a 444. Anybody make a 300 Weatherby in a handgun?
Sorry if I seem a bit random. I have never been so thrilled with a gun purchase. To coin a popular (not with me) politician " I have had an epiphany" . Can these be bought? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_Q8C_67jY
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown

Last edited by BoogieMan; April 17, 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.04223 seconds with 8 queries