View Single Post
Old March 29, 2013, 08:37 PM   #46
triggerhappy2006

Quote:
I carry a Ruger P90 everyday, wish it was HiCap.
Yea I had this problem too, my Glock didn't hold enough rounds and 1911 wasn't accurate enough, both issues were remedied when I started carrying a MAC 10 . Baby Glocks are great back up guns, because lets face it, if your reaching for a back up gun, your already in deep sh*&, they are much smaller and have more rounds to put on target than the same size 1911 (or at least keep the bad guys pinned down while you figure out an exit strategy). Fullsize Glocks are great service pieces, they are all the same, available in a multitude of calibers, an Officer can carry his service 9mm at work, and carry a personal .45 off duty if his Dept allows and have little difference in shooting mechanics, a Response Team can have .45's with reflex sights, Patrolmen can have 9mm fullsizes, Detectives can carry compact 9mm's or .45's and the Dept armorer can work on all of them the same. Glocks have less external features and less parts to wear (no thumb safety, grip safety, less springs if I'm not mistaken) and are less likely to snag when drawing from a coat pocket, leg holster or other area. Glocks offer "less to do before engaging" and remove the "do you manually cock the hammer on the first shot or learn to shoot DA/SA" "Does the department mandate all officers carry cocked and locked or leave it up the officer" "does the safety come off while drawing from the holster or after its at the ready?" with a glock all these are answered. Also a Department doesn't have to worry about its officers being accused of "jumping the tigger" or hair trigger negligence. As for the rest of us, well we can all certainly take these lessons and apply them to our personal carry but mostly it comes down to preference. Do you like the grip on a 1911 or do you like a fatter grip of a Glock? Consistently long trigger pull shot to shot or short light trigger pull with a manual safety. Capacity or slim design.

Page generated in 0.02345 seconds with 8 queries