View Single Post
Old November 21, 2012, 12:56 PM   #54
1911Tuner

re:

Quote:
Even then, if you have the time to lock open a slide, take a individual round, drop it in the chamber, close the slide and fire a round, and that doesn't get you killed.
I'd say that if you're down to using a pistol, the situation is pretty desperate anyway, especially if you've also lost your only magazine...but if you can poke or shake an unextracted round out of one and reload it as fast as you can single-load one and fire...color me impressed.

And it would seem that...if you've lost your only magazine...a working extractor would be a plus. If you've come down to a pistol...and you're in a fight for your life...and you've lost your only magazine...and you've got a broken extractor...your situation is probably beyond all help, other than perhaps divine intervention.

But a few single-loadings won't be at all likely to break an extractor anyway, so the argument is really pretty pointless unless you just like to argue...which I'm starting to suspect.

Last edited by 1911Tuner; November 21, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02211 seconds with 8 queries