View Single Post
Old March 24, 2001, 07:29 PM   #6
Hot Core

Hey Sub, Running the Tumbler Topless won't hurt it, but it might toss some media out. If that gets to be a problem, you can put the lid on and hold it "lightly" against the bowl by using what I've always called an "Aircraft Nut". It has a small piece of nylon incorporated into it that is "slightly" smaller than the center-stud and thus acts as a "Lock Nut" to keep the vibration from tossing it off. You can get them at any Hardware Store.

If you have a see-through lid, and get the Tumbler going, I agree that you can adjust the "wave" a bit depending on the amount of tension you place on the center-stud. You have to allow the cases to tumble for a bit until they fill with media and then do the adjusting while it is tumbling, or it is just a guess.

You can also adjust it a bit by how much media is in the bowl vs. the type and number of cases. But, as you mentioned, there is a difference in the performance of the movement, or the wave.

The larger round-sided bowls (doughnut shaped for the LEOs) seem to toss out less media than the bowls that have tapered, straight walls (wider at the top than at the bottom). In the doughnut shaped bowls, you can just use the regular rubber coated jam-nut to adjust the tension (without a lid) and you won't get the media tossed out nearly as bad, if at all.

Must admit that having read the previous posts, I can see where having a well endowed, nubile "Topless Tumbler" in the Reloading Room while the Tumbler is running Topless would make the time waiting for the cases to finish be a good bit more "enjoyable". Seems like another good idea who's time has come to me!

Let me go get a PBR while you all line up the Topless Tumblers!

Good hunting and clean 1-shot kills, Hot Core

Page generated in 0.01988 seconds with 8 queries