View Single Post
Old July 4, 2012, 03:26 PM   #16
k4swb

Quote:
If I am reloading ammunition that requires a post sizing die to chamber it, then I need to learn how to set up my dies correctly and make sure the components are within spec.
I am not a high volume reloader so for me I have no need to post size, but I can see the need for a reloader that cannot check components do to the quantity.
I have been reloading 45acp for over 20 yrs w/o a FCD never had a problem that a FCD would fix.
During the shortage a couple of years ago some manufacturers evidently cut corners on QC to try to keep up.
I finally got a couple of thousand plated bullets from two different manufacturers that had quite a lot of them out of round. During the reloading process I was (un)lucky enough to not chamber a finished round that would not fit in the chambers but when I started shooting them I had quite a few (100s) that wouldn't chamber. Since I don't think I should have to drop test every round I don't see this as my fault.

I had never seen a Lee FCD and was about to need to drop almost 2000 rounds into the chambers of my .45 ACP and 9mm handguns and then pull the offensive ones.

Through the forums I figured out the FCD was probably made for my situation. Ordered one for each of the two calibers and ran the whole bunch through them and "fixed" those.

I don't use them all the time but occasionally I still find plated bullets that need to be fixed.

I'll bash Lee for some of their junk but this saved me a lot of work.

Page generated in 0.03474 seconds with 8 queries