View Single Post
Old May 24, 2009, 08:23 PM   #6
HarrySchell

I haven't read the cite, forgive me if I make points it covers.

I think the idea behind hi-cap mag bans relates more to selling the idea of firearms as autonomous beings that command otherwise docile humans to commit mass murder.

Were that the case, it makes sense that restricting such mags might have an impact on future mass murder scenarios. Stupid, emotional and uneducated people buy into such concepts. Legislators can promote themselves as "doing something". It is a win-win for everyone except the guy or girl set upon by threats requiring more than 10 rounds and no time to change mags.

The basic failure of such legislation is that criminals don't care about law or legislation. The majesty of my "representatives" in Sacramento is lost on bad guys. But the solons up there are in a bubble which this disrespect cannot penetrate. Or, it suits the solons just fine to disarm the law abiding to create more dependence on the solons. Either explanation would explain the behavior of these idiots. They are stupid or evil, take your pick.

Page generated in 0.02331 seconds with 8 queries