View Single Post
Old February 21, 2009, 03:21 PM   #13
chemgirlie

Quote:
It does not matter how the child was raised. He might have thought the gun was a toy. There is so much violence on the TV and movies that kids have difficulty distinguishing between reality and fiction. The problem is that there are so many guns available that this kid was able to get his hands on one and kill that poor lady. There are so many irresponsible guns owners out there as evidenced by all of the shooting that have involved children.
The rate of negligent (I hate the term accidental in this situation) gun deaths is far fewer than what is portrayed in the media. There are 6 times more children killed by fire than by gun related causes. http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvacci.html
Let's not disarm law abiding people because there are some idiots out there who don't teach their kids right from wrong and the difference between fantasy and reality.

Quote:
As for your assault weapon arguement, why would any normal person need one? We are not fighting a war? That kind of weapon is too dangerous for civilian use and should be restricted to soldiers in war zones. Assault weapons are deadlier and have no place for self defense.
My hunting rifle has more stopping power than a .223 caliber AR. My little .22 rifle can kill somebody too. There isn't any firearm that is more "dangerous" than any other. It's like asking me out of the shoes I own, which are the best. Each has its own place. In a job interview/date I would want a pair of heels. For hauling my butt around town in the winter I prefer boots. On the beach flip flops are more appropriate. The same applies to guns. Not one of my guns is "more dangerous" than another. They each have their own applications though. I wouldn't use my .22 rifle to hunt deer, I would use my good old Winchester .308. To c.c. (if I could in WI) I would use a 1911. "Assault weapons" are no more or less dangerous than any guns I own.

Ah, I love devil's advocate.

Page generated in 0.02050 seconds with 8 queries