View Single Post
Old December 5, 2002, 12:15 AM   #1
Hexagram13

New Member Intro and a few questions

Hey guys,
I signed up here for the great forum you have on shotguns. I spent about 5 hours today looking through old posts and found alot of great info.

I am a 24 yo 2nd year med student. I shoot alot, but I am just getting into shotguns. I am a member of Ak47.net, falfiles, and AR15.com under the same user name.

My new intrest in SG sports has been spawned by my recent acquisition of a 1953 Round Knob A-5. I would like to get into clay target shooting informally, and wanted to make sure there wasn't something dreadfully wrong with using my Browning. The only other SG I have is a Browning BPS 10ga. Let me know if you have any opinions on my weapon of choice. Oh yeah the A-5 is full choke and all the numbers match. I am also concerned about running down the value.

My second question is shell choice. I read alot about the various promos, but my father is an FFL and I can get Win AA for 4.74 and Win Western for 3.75. My father is also a Dillon dealer, so I will eventually get a SL900. I want to know what you think would be the best bet for me to start off with. The Walmart Promos, the Win AA, or the Win Western. If there are any other shells I should consider let me know.
tony

Page generated in 0.03787 seconds with 8 queries