View Single Post
Old September 9, 2002, 10:55 AM   #4
Rob Pincus

While I would love to hear several of our regular writers express their opinions on actual events, the fact is that it is not always easy to Monday Morning Quarterback... nor is it always fair. "If you weren't there...."

I believe that about as much could be gained by discussing proper handling of hypothetical situations without the baggage or ego considerations of "critiquing" real world incidents.

I've heard the Diallo shooting recounted and commented on dozens of times.. but I've only heard it once from one of the participants, and that's the only one I put much stock in. It could be said that even that version could be flawed, because of legal and ego considerations on the side of the source.

We are all curious about these things and they are often interesting to read about. If you put stock in a writer/instructor's opinion, I think as much could be learned from their thoughts/comments/suggestions about realistic training situations or hypothetical incidents.

There is no doubt that this would be a popular feature. Someone volunteering to tell their own story (particularly if it is truly with a hope to educate and not brag/exagerrate) is one thing, but writing an objective critique of another man's peek at the elephant is something else.
Rob Pincus is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries