View Single Post
Old July 16, 2018, 07:28 AM   #15
stagpanther

Quote:
Interesting.

I suppose I have developed familiarity and confidence with some firearms. Some I have enough history with to remember the time when....As a symbol or touchstone.

But this stuff of Love,emotion,bonding???? Are you sure?

Seems a bit odd to me.

If your AR does not make it for you...Have you considered a good dog? A Brittany can be very nice.

Hmmm. Of course...if you married your AR-15,Society might feel differently about breaking you apart.

Do you feel like listening to Hank Williams if Seri and Alexis ignore you?

I just don't know how to go where you are. Perhaps that part of me has been broken by all the guns I've had to sell.....I've become desensitized...jaded...unbondable.

Its ALMOST enough to make me watch a Woody Allen movie. Almost.

But no...I think maybe "The Wild Bunch" or "Last Man Standing"would be better. With a steak and a beer.

OK,OK I confess!! After I received my Garand, I slept with it beside me,under a green GI wool blanket (but it was quiet out there...too quiet!),and drank instant coffee out of a canteen cup in the morning.It was our honeymoon.And,things DO get complicated when the cloned 1903A4 is in my lap....

I suppose I could go on about the field stripping and linseed oil...but some things a gentleman does not discuss.

As far as getting more satisfaction from acquiring and assembling the parts vs shooting the results later.. ....I've heard folks say similar things about ...well,other matters.Not seriously,of course. Sleep deprivation does curious things.
Last edited by HiBC; Yesterday at 08:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02974 seconds with 8 queries