View Single Post
Old August 22, 2016, 08:38 AM   #22
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Yes, Double Naught Spy, you are correct and thanks for pointing that out. I readily now admit that was an incorrect example. I would argue however that the "no guns" sign is not just discrimination against an object, but also discrimination against a citizen's rights, rights that are Constitutionally ordained and State licensed (in the case of a carry license).
You know, it isn't even discrimination against a citizen's rights in a legal sense when the "rights" are subject to the permission of the land owner (as clarified by various state and federal laws and rulings). That means your rights are limited (as held up by the Supreme Court) and that your rights do not supersede the rights of another. So unless otherwise stipulated by law, your "right" only means that it is okay with the government so long as it is okay with the proprietor of the premises. Many folks seem to forget this.

So a landowner disallowing gun carry may be discrimination, but it is without a rights violation (assuming all applicable laws are followed).

Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 8 queries