View Single Post
Old September 8, 2011, 04:09 PM   #30
Fargazer

Hmmm. That explains a lot. Kimber specifically states to run at least 124 grain or heavier, and at least the WWB (if not both of those) are going to be 115 weight. The official requirements are at Kimber's Solo section page.

There is a more complete list of specific ammo at the Kimber 1911 Solo blog; this list includes some 115 grain ammo recommendations. Since the Kimber hosted link specifically states only 124gr and 147gr 9mm, I called Kimber support to ask them which was correct. They stated Kimber now only recommends 124gr and heavier, and that the FAQ linked at Kimber1911Pistols was probably composed before the official release date.

Once I finish running through my tests with American Eagle 147gr (so far no malfunctions), I'll run both of those through my Solo. I fully expect the gun to not function well with them, but I just want to see exactly how it behaves with the lighter bullets for my own curiosity, and so when people invariably ask me what happens when you use lightweight 9mm, I can answer them based upon not only the literature, but personal experience.

Page generated in 0.02799 seconds with 8 queries