View Single Post
Old October 1, 2005, 03:40 AM   #72
jsp98m3

Quote:
Although I have to admit, jsp98m3, I agree with you: some people are nut jobs. But who gets to be the one holding the definition book?
Everyone. That's the point. The original poster asked 'the public' if he was being paranoid. Many don't think so. Many do. Now you might say I'm a fence sitter when it comes to weapons. I've got more than the average American, I suspect. But not what I would consider going over the edge into collecting. I have an AR-15 for no particular reason other than I thought I should make a statement against unreasonably restricting long guns based on nothing but looks. I have a Ruger 10/22 for plinking. I have a BHP for the love of the craftsmanship and home defense. I also have a FEG .380 and a Raven .25 because I got them within the last 6 weeks as a thank you for cleaning up a whole pile of mostly mediocre pistols. I don't need them but they seem to funcion and have their own little charm. I do not see the need to own 6 examples of a 1911. Especially all alike or nearly so. But it doesn't bother me that some people do have multiple copies of the same thing.

I just have an opinion. People that are afraid to take a shower without a gun IN THERE WITH THEM are paranoid unless they live in a very, very bad neighborhood. In my opinion, which is as good as anyone else's. In another one of those opinions I have, I think society owes it to itself to speak up and tell people they might be standing a little close to the third rail of societal behaviour.

I used to be a staunch supporter of CCW but since coming onto this forum, I'm not more than cautiously neutral. There are some people I just can't see having a weapon in public.

Maybe there should be a system for CCW like driving licenses? First 6 months, you can have a starter pistol. Then you can have a .17 airgun, then .22 short. By year 10, if you haven't gone loopy, you can get a .45

Jim

Page generated in 0.05949 seconds with 8 queries