View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 09:21 AM   #25
Qtiphky

What about polls?

I haven't seen any national polls on gun control since the shooting. I have seen several regional ones from my neck of the woods and bar none they are 95% against futher gun control. It seems to me that the only people truly interested in pushing further gun control are our "elected officials in DC" and the mainstream media. The only thing our "electeds" are trying to do is get re-elected. They have no concern over fixing the problem, which doesn't exist, but rather making their constituents "feel good" by "doing something."

The new healthcare law is just a data gathering tool. One of the specific questions asks if there are any guns in the home. This has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare and everything to do with data collection to be used down the road. While I agree that time is on our side, it won't be long until another copy cat crime will be committed and then this will all start over. Even though Exec Orders won't be enforceable, that has never stopped this administration from issueing them. Once issued, they must be defeated in court which takes time and it won't be long until this administration picks the next Justice on the Supreme Court, possibly two this term, which are appointments for life!

Evil doers will do evil, regardless of the tool.

Page generated in 0.03976 seconds with 8 queries