View Single Post
Old November 12, 2012, 06:51 PM   #5
rclark

Quote:
Ummm can you explain that?
In the 'medium' (repeat 'medium') frame New Vaquero and the .45 convertible flattop, both the .45 Colt and .45 ACP can be used in those revolvers. Therefore we would set the max pressure for these revolvers to ACP levels (23,000psi) . NO, NOTTA, NO way, shall any Ruger Only Loads find their way into these medium framed revolvers. Only the 'large' (repeat 'large') framed Blackhawk .45 Colt revolver and original Vaquero can handle the 30,000psi Ruger Only Loads which get you into Magnum territory. Talking Single Actions here as the (Super) Redhawks can also handle ROLs.

Hope that helps!

Here is an PDF of an article written by Brian Pearce that explains more about Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 loads (before the convertibles were released by Lipseys) :

http://www.riflemagazine.com/magazin...246partial.pdf

Quote:
is there anything I should know?
Go out and shoot it . All you need to know . You might find the SS sights a pain in the sunlight but that is all I can think of. Have fun!

Oh yeah, there is one thing. After shooting for a while and you just can't seem to get good groups and it may be leading.... Check the cylinder throats. Ruger is notorious for under sized throats. They should be .452 . In my original Vaquero, my groups went from 6" to 3" after I reamed them out. The New Vaqueros are said to be better so you might not need it. Just a heads up!
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Last edited by rclark; November 12, 2012 at 07:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.03428 seconds with 8 queries