View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 11:18 PM   #15
RC20

Quote:
Part of the fun in getting a new gun, is experimenting to find out which ammo works best in it: How it chambers, the amount of recoil, accuracy, etc. You want to feel comfortable and confident in the ammo you select. Below are two pretty good Youtube field test videos of some Speer 115gr 9mm & 124gr 9mm +P, using denim and ballistics gel.
I don't think its part of the fun, I do think its absolute critical (and noting we are talking SD ammunition so its not a range gun).

I am partial to Golden Saber. You get 5 rounds more a box, and while the Sig seems to be non denominational as to what it will shoot, the GS are by far the most accurate (tried a number of hand load combination of powder and bullets and the GS just shoots better).

I won't claim GS is better than anything out there, it seems to be as good or close to as good as the others and I figure at that point the rest is up to me if it comes to it. No maker seems to have any real world advantage (over gel and phone books) in actual shootings. One day one is lauded because it did well, the next day it fails miserably. Fact is pistols rounds of any caliber are marginal and it does not take much to push one off its capability.

As for accurate, while its not something you would know in a gun fight, they are all accurate enough, but there is a confidence factor in knowing a round is going where you aim it to a T.

Page generated in 0.02495 seconds with 8 queries