Thread: Brass usage
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 10:25 PM   #10
Misssissippi Dave

I'm loading some what light loads in .45 and I seem to lose cases before it is time to toss them.

Most of my .45 cases are either Winchester or RWS. I have been seeing lately how the Federal Champion cases hold up (small primer) so far they have made it at least 6 reloads and doing fine.

My brass is cleaned and then I use carbide dies. Occasionally I even lube the cases.

I have too many 9 mm cases to worry much about how long they will last. I have several thousand to shoot before it is time to reload them. That is not counting several cases of factory ammo to become once fired brass. I may never know how long the average 9 mm case will last for me. I have a several thousand cases that have been loaded several times so far. I have tossed less that 6 cases so far due to cracks/splits etc.

Someone posted a chart with how long different brands of pistol case stood up to testing a while back. Winchester cases were near the top of the list for the ones that held up the longest. RWS were fairly close if I recall correctly. Starline may have been above Winchester.

Page generated in 0.03132 seconds with 8 queries