View Single Post
Old April 17, 2012, 03:22 PM   #38
TunnelRat

Quote:
fastbolt
From that list it sounds like all you're buying is duty ammo or typical LE training ammo. You shoot Gold Dots at the range? How many? I carry Gold Dots, but when I shoot 100 rounds a weekend I don't shoot 100 Gold Dots. I shoot a box a month to function check and make sure I can hit with them effectively. I see no reason for every bullet I fire to be a premium bullet. I wouldn't be able to train even a fraction of what I do now. And again, for me and my primary carry, an HK45c, theFederal Champ has been just fine. I'll use what I use based off of experience. If you disagree, that's fine.

You have the luxury of being issued duty ammo. That is something that majority of us don't have. That's nice for you, but if you think that's what everyone else shoots you must think we're all rich.

As for your point that ammunition can be a factor, this I know and knew already. I don't think it is the problem in this case. I will agree that trying different types of ammo can be constructive, and I did this with recent problems I had with a Walther P99. But again at that point all I tried was some off the shelf Winchester and Remington in addition to the Federal (it still failed with them too by the way). If something won't work with any off the shelf ammo I don't want it, if that makes me a cheapskate then fine. My guns my choice. This practice hasn't failed me yet.
Maintain situational awareness

Last edited by TunnelRat; April 17, 2012 at 03:55 PM.

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries