View Single Post
Old October 29, 2010, 03:43 PM   #28
Winchester_73

Talk about a close one...

I'm big time biased in favor of S&W but I have no problem with admitting how great the colt snubs are, cobra, agent and detective special. I've always wanted a cobra despite being a S&W fan because I like the colt grip angle, the 6th shot and the lightweight frame. The cobra itself is really an animal that S&W never offered, the closest being the model 37 as you have, or the model 12, a bigger K frame gun which offers the same thing as the cobra, in a bigger package. That being said, because the cobra is great, collectible, etc, I would not carry it very often. Thats were the value of the model 60 comes in. Its durable, and if its a 357, I would prefer that for carry out of the 3, although airweights are great for comfort. The 357 mag drops off in performance in a snub, but its a nice psyche thing to carry a 357, a peace of mind if you will. The model 37 is a bit of a inbetween road. Known as a Chief's Special Airweight, its a classic S&W design.

The truth about the 5 shots vs 6, is that, like I always say, if you fire 5 and need the 6th, you should consider running away. On the other hand, one shot can easily save your life. I lean more towards the 5 shots and run side, but having 6 in a small lightweight package is just about all you can ask for. The 5 shots however of the model 60 are special because of the +P rating. While the model 37 could be +P, IIRC, most model 37s are NOT +P rated. I know that the cobra is not.

If I needed a gun for carry: model 60
If I wanted the gun for the collection: cobra
If I wanted it for being a great S&W thats good for carry: model 37

Page generated in 0.03665 seconds with 8 queries