View Single Post
Old January 10, 2010, 12:10 PM   #56
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by smince
Actually, no. My choice allows me to handle 1 mugger or multiple assailants.
Actually you are making assumptions but haven't yet said what they are. Multiple can mean two assailants to infinity. What are your parameters that you think likely to face? If you find yourself managing a 15 round problem with a 9 shot pistol things just might get a little...tense.

Quote:
If that makes him the 'be all-end all' in your book, fine.
I didn't say he was the last word but he seems to have good logic for his position and you aren't willing to say what your logic is other than I might need 9 rounds. Why 9 and not 10 or 15? You don't seem to be able to base that on anything other than that is what you like.

Quote:
Would you or he mind showing me exactly how to manage a 3 on 1 assault with only 5 rounds......
How likely do you see that situation? Why only 3 assailants and not five or six? However, to answer your question, does the 5 shot snubbie have more bullets than assailants in your hypotheical?

smince I think your criticism of 5 shot handguns is not based on any objective criteria so I think I will listen to others who seem to have some of that in their advice. I think if you criticize another's defensive setup you should be able to show why objectively or just say that is your opinion and you feel better with a different one.

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; January 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02740 seconds with 8 queries