View Single Post
Old February 16, 2006, 04:37 PM   #8
Rembrandt

Quote:
fisherman66...the cost to use the land has been rocketing north....Hunting is expensive, but not unaffordable by most.....I don't hunt public land as I have access to family owned land. I don't feel I have the liberty to comment on that aspect. Perhaps someone else will.
After running all the numbers, real estate may be the most affordable part of hunting because it generates income to pay for itself. Something that can't be said about guns, clothing, or optics. For those with a passion for hunting in the long term, I'd suggest buying your own land. You'll have more control over access and game management. Why spend the next 30-40 years begging permission and dealing with competition for good hunting spots?

Hunting land can be part of your financial portfolio and have huge tax advantages. If you can afford to contribute to a 401K...most likely you can afford a small piece of land.

Property shouldn't be viewed only as a "hunting investment", but must financially carry it's own weight with the secondary benefit being hunting.

I am by no means rich, but I do own an urban residence and a 320 acre farm with some of the finest Whitetail hunting in the nation....rent money for crop ground pays for it. In the long term, land values only continue to rise, adding to your financial portfolio.

Last edited by Rembrandt; February 16, 2006 at 05:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.02624 seconds with 8 queries