View Single Post
Old July 16, 2005, 12:40 AM   #1
MrApathy

anyone have longshot or WSF loads for 115/124gr9mm and 180gr 40sw?

just got done loading some Power Pistol now want to try the other powders I picked up.

anybody have load info willing to share? have done some searches and the data always seems somewhat incomplete.

I have no idea what OAL to use for WSF on 9mm have the Winchester manual pdf's downloaded not thrilled with the OAL info at all just list max for each cartridge with all powders.

using Hornady 115gr FMJ and 124gr JHP also hornady for 9mm.

for 40sw using Rainier 180gr flat point plated and Hornady 180gr FMJ.

I have Hodgdon 2004 magazine manual but the info looks inconsistent also have another hodgdon sheet for 9mm and 40sw on longshot same data. have the cheap "complete guide books" for 9mm and 40sw no longshot info, WSF data all over the place.

powerpistol was fun but dont care for the flash.

the max OAL for the Hornady 124gr I can use is 1.125" the FMJ can go to max. no issues with 40sw max is okay.

any help would be appreciated.

couple side questions is VV N340 temperature sensitive or how is VV 3N37 temperature sensitive. closest store that has VV has 3n37 but not N340 might be able to get them to stock it.

universal and bluedot pressure spike whats that like? doubt I will care for bluedots flash but it seems like it handles compression well seems alot of loads are compressed might try for 200gr or stick with longshot/powerpistol. universal here it burns clean,meters well but spike is something best left avoided in 40sw. can you adjust the OAL with universal out to 1.135 or should I just avoid universal go straight to VV powders? think I would like to take universal to what hodgdon publishes as max. the "complete 40sw manual" has sierra data which shows universal doing a heck of alot more than hodgdon publishes and outpacing powerpistol in a few instances rather scarry thought from what I have heard of pressure spike?

any help appreciated

Page generated in 0.03239 seconds with 8 queries