Thread: Labradar
View Single Post
Old October 10, 2018, 06:13 AM   #14
stagpanther

Quote:
Quote:
Ditto stagpanther's review.

One thing-- according to LAB's techs, the trigger distance (e.g., projo offset 6", 12", 18" etc)
only sets the geometry for beam intercept. The sensitivity is fixed via the Trigger Level (1-5).

"1" is good.
That's correct; good catch, my bad on the distance offset vs muzzle blast trigger setting--by using a smaller projectile offset that "shortens" the window for bullet path intercept, I've found that seems to increase the likelihood of failure to acquire/track depending on the gun's muzzle position relative to the unit. My unit I think only has a max setting of 12", but I haven't changed it in the past year and it generally works with everything as long as I get the relative positioning of the muzzle correct. I also forgot to mention in the discussion of the "borderline" between handgun and rifle velocities--the obvious solution is to switch between the two types if there's a problem--so for example my 9 x 25 Dillon handgun commonly shoots in the 1800 to 2000 fps range so I will set the velocity type to "rifle."

I don't have a fixed bench--so I have to set up and move around fields, gravel pits dumps etc when I shoot. The best all-around solution for me is to use a camera tripod to position the unit--though it can be vulnerable in windy conditions, in which case I've hung a weight on it.

Bottom line is this IMO--at first few uses I freaked like too much stuff going wrong--that's partially because the instructions are only "fair" at best. It takes a while to learn how to balance the over-all system, in my case I fire a large variety of handguns and rifles so the downside is it took me a bit longer to get a feel how to balance the over-all system--the upside is that I got most of the "nagging" issues up front and really enjoy the unit and the valuable information it gives; though there is lot's of room for improvement.

You won't regret spending the money on it., you have my word on it.

Last edited by stagpanther; October 10, 2018 at 06:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.03573 seconds with 8 queries