View Single Post
Old August 17, 2014, 12:06 PM   #13
FoxModelB

I might be interested, depending on the price. I inherited a Fox Model B and really liked it because it was a "plane Jane" working gun. Nothing fancy about it so it didn't matter if it got a few dings in the field, of which it had several.

My daughter went to kill a rattlesnake in the garden with it and was so flustered she forgot to load it. She pulled the trigger and nothing happened so she beat the snake to death with it and in the process bent the barrel. She later told me, "There's something wrong with that gun. It didn't shoot!" There's plenty wrong with it now. On the other hand, I've got an undamaged daughter.

My father "liberated" a Drilling from an Austrian farmer in WW II and it was S X S 16 gauge over an 8mm rifle. So he didn't have to worry about getting the wrong load (i.e. 20 in a 16 or 16 in a 12) in a gun (or one of his kids doing same) everything he had was 16 gauge. That got me started on 16 gauge and everything I have now is 16 gauge. I retired the Drilling about 15 years ago.

Long story short, I liked that single trigger Model B but I'm not going to throw a lot of money at replacing it. So I'm looking for one of the plainer ones for dove and quail. PM me with an email address and we'll talk if you're still interested.

Page generated in 0.02313 seconds with 8 queries