View Single Post
Old May 30, 2014, 06:54 PM   #20
Slamfire

Quote:
Re the above, said destruction taking place in the 1930's, I believe, does anyone have an answer concerning why, even if it's only what might be the "boiler plate" put out by the government.
The Department of Defense is usually not interested in putting state of the art military technology into the hands of civilians. Besides rifles, there are cruise missiles, radars, communication devices, etc, that are never considered for release to the public. Just go to the Munitions List, to be found at the State Department site, and see all the things that currently, you cannot sell to a foreign country. It is hundreds of pages long.

Rule Number 2 of the Government is “Minimize Scandal” , and rule number 3 is “Take the path of least resistance” . It would have taken time, resources, to collect, sell Pedersen devices to the public, and guess what, they did not want to do that. It was just easier to dump inventory in a bin and sell what was in the bin to one of the regular scrap dealers that collect worn out equipment in military bases.

Page generated in 0.02754 seconds with 8 queries